In the Xcode 6 I can’t find the “Application Support” folder of the iOS 7 and 8 iPhone Simulator. Where is the “Documents” folder and how to see what my application is doing with downloaded files?
Click on the images to see the whole picture.
1. From the Xcode 6 the simulator directory has been moved to ~/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices. First you must find it. Use Finder:
2. Find your device folder. You may face such a challange:
3. Browse to your /data/Containers/Bundle/Application/ folder. If you have a different folder structure, do not panic. Find your app like this:
4. Browse to its Documents folder to see your files: /data/Containers/Data/Application/xxxxxxxx/Documents
5. Good news. You can print out the actual Documents path from your source code:
NSLog(@"Documents folder: %@",[[[NSFileManager defaultManager] URLsForDirectory:NSDocumentDirectory inDomains:NSUserDomainMask] lastObject]);
// .... rest of your code;